With billions of dollars in investment flowing into the space driven largely by a Jetsons-like vision of air taxis flying above congested city roads, the eVTOL sector has drawn a lot of skepticism from knowledgeable aviation enthusiasts who know how difficult it is to certify a new aircraft, let alone overhaul the airspace system and safely remove the human pilot from an aircraft.
Brian Garrett-Glaser, our managing editor, recently joined Vertical Magazine‘s Rotor Radio podcast to discuss the hype and reality behind eVTOLs with host Dan Parsons, editor of Vertical Valor, including likely initial applications of these aircraft and some of the innovative activities that will benefit the rest of aviation regardless of the success of eVTOLs.
What's next for eVTOL: Hype, hysteria, and still room for helicopters
Rotor Radio from Vertical Magazine
- What's next for eVTOL: Hype, hysteria, and still room for helicopters
- Pandemic Pilot Training – It Can Be Done, Safely!
- A V-280 Experimental Test Pilot Answers Your Questions
- Learning the Lakota: Airbus' Brian Diaz discusses the U.S. Army's UH-72
- Covering the Gulf: Flying the first commercial SAR service from Mexico
Listen to the episode above, or search for Rotor Radio on your preferred podcasting app.